AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I was just playing around with my television. I got to a commercial where the screen is all white and paused it. I turned off the tv set and let it sit for a few minutes so that it can cool down.

When I turned the set on, the green was visible with purple haze, now as the tv warmed up I noticed that the green area became more and more lighter and also bigger as the set warmed up and screen brightened.

Now, I increased my brightness to simulate what the tv does when it first warms up and the green/purple haze responsed in relation to the brightness setting. Im pretty sure that will mess up the contrast setting but I have not played around with it much more than a few minutes, but since everyone has been saying that the tv performs better when above 70 degrees then why not increase the brightness to increase the warmness of the bulb.

It helped my situation out some as I was ready to exchange set for JVC 61FN97 at Best Buy today but I will give this a try.

If any with some color testing equipment can help and see if this helps out the problem that would be great.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
TROLL

·
Registered
54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasani20ox /forum/post/0

....Sony went to SXRD technology as a way to get the pixel lenses closer together to eliminate the screen door effect typical of LCOS. .

Reflective LCOS technology (Sony, JVC, Brillian, etc) does not suffer from any screen door effect. Typical LCOS light modulators have very high aperture ratios, like 90%+. Transmissive HTPS-LCD (Sony, Epson, Iljin) does suffer from this, with aperture ratios of maybe only 50% due to the non-active area taken up by thin film transistors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasani20ox /forum/post/0

The distortion is usually the shape of the chips heat sink which is a round attachment near the center, hence the round donut shaped distortion everyone usually sees..

This cannot be true. No light modulators from any manufacturer or in any technology have heat sinks on them. If they did, you wouldn't be able to transmit or reflect light at all. I haven't heard of heat sinks that are optically transparent.

There are many other causes for brightness and color non-uniformities in LCD and LCOS microdisplays, though I don't know the specific ones in the SXRD devices.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
^^^ I think you missed the post by a well known troll who keeps changing his name and posting his crap about Sony products. His user name this week was dasani20ox. He usually gets reported and the mods delete his posts. Audiomixer was responding to his crap and not your issue.

At least I hope that's what happened

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.