AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my ps3 the other day, hooked everything up ok. Have audio out to my stereo via optical, video via hdmi directly to my LCD and all that. Last thing I wanted to check was hdmi audio to my tv. Set the correct settings in the ps3, but nothing. Wanted to see if it was something with the ps3, but I hooked up my upscaling dvd player to the hdmi port and same thing, no audio. The TVs internal mute is OFF, auto volume is OFF as well. Settings in both the ps3 and dvd player were correct. Only thing I have not ruled out is the cable itself. I don't have a spare and Ill be ordering one online(no way im paying for a Monster Cable at BB.) Its a newer cable, only about 3 months old. (pureAV brand)

Anyway, just wondering if anyone here has experienced a bad hdmi port in the past. Again, I get video, but no audio through HDMI.

My tv is a Samsung LNR328W

Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
make sure in your ps3 under audio you have it

checked for hdmi..also you have to have hdmi activated

on ps3...i thought my hdmi port as bad also, it just takes some dickering

around..if your getting hd video nothing wrong with port,

just your settings..

reman

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by remanhawk /forum/post/0

make sure in your ps3 under audio you have it

checked for hdmi..also you have to have hdmi activated

on ps3...i thought my hdmi port as bad also, it just takes some dickering

around..if your getting hd video nothing wrong with port,

just your settings..

reman

Like I said, all the settings for hdmi audio are set correctly in the ps3(automatic)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.