AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working with my new GX315 for a couple of days.

There has already been some discussion about the finalize times using +R as being too long (up to 5 minutes) and a reported logic bug with DL discs.

Tonight I started testing out the dv-in port.

What I'm finding is that there are video glitches using -R discs recording at HQ (the highest bitrate) speed. Glitch meaning freeze-frame and skip on the order of 250-300 ms.

2 observations about this;

1. The problem goes away at lower speeds (HSP and lower) onto -R discs.

2. The machine will record HQ/DV-in onto +R discs without this problem.

fyi and testing continues!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There also appear to be bugs with the iLink interface when a TRV-480 Camcorder converts Hi8 into digital over the dv-in.

With straight digital tapes, at least the recorder sees the signal.

The camcorder supports digitizing analog 8/Hi8 tapes over the pipe as well, which I've done several times with my former Cyberhome dvd recorder without issue.

The new Sony recorder doesn't seem to detect incoming signal for some reason when the CC has an analog tape. If I manually switch the input source to DV, it will see it. However with the one-touch DV copy function it does not detect an incoming signal. While the picture and sound appear on the CC viewer, the recorder remains dormant waiting on synchro-start.

Odd.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The unit is now back from Laredo and no better off than it was.

1. Picture flaws recording DV-IN to DVD-R at HQ speed. (3 units tested)

2. Format times still long for +R discs

I'm going to try dealing with "sustaining engineering" and see what they have to offer on Monday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.