AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetins'. We getting near the point of finishing our renovated family room, which will host our new home theater setup. We're hanging a 50" Panasonic plasma on the wall. We had a couple of small ambient lights installed in the ceiling above where the TV will be, but it never occurred to me to wonder what color the wall itself should be painted. White? Light grey? What's the collective wisdom on this?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Cheers.

--- das

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm sort of curious about this too, for similar reasons.

My current thinking is that anything other than white is better than white, and possibly a neutral color (i.e. grey) is best. A large expanse of a colored wall could trick the brain into making a 'correction', thus possibly making the colors of the TV 'look' off, even though it might be your brain that is 'off'. In a dark room it shouldn't matter much, although white could be annoying, I'd think.

Just hypothetical, but if I paint mine, it will probably be a neutral shade.

·
Registered
44 Posts
When we painted our house, we had a professional color-picker guy come out and he reccomended a dark red for the plasma wall. He reccomended against grey because it didn't look good when the plasma was turned off. So far, I'm pretty happy with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.