AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a use nec 6pg on e-bay.the guy i bought it from said he set it up before shipping to a specified unit to screen distance before shipping. while on the forum tinman asked me if the unit came w/setup remote.when i asked seller he said it had no remote but he already set it up before shipping. unit will be here today. is this going to be a big problem? can i get a set up remote for this projector ? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
In a word, YES, its going to be a big problem. You MUST have the full function setup remote to do anything with an NEC PG projector. You can download a Pronto ccf that will run it if you already have a Pronto remote, you can buy an NEC remote from NEC directly or from Doug Baisey, or Curt Palme, both forum members and able to get NEC parts. You can ask a fellow forum member with a remote to learn the functions to a cheap learner like the Sony RM-VL700 remote. It's the only cheap learning remote that I've found works well enough for this method. BUT you must have the full function learning remote, no ifs, ands, or buts.

·
Registered
102 Posts
You should be able to build a data cable to hook the projector to your computer and do the setup that way... Theres software available from NEC that you can use to do the convergence. Do a search on it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have been unsuccessful at locating the above mentioned software. Does anybody know where it can be found? PM me if you are willing to e-mail it. I have a 6pg+ if that makes a difference. Thank you.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thank you cfabe.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The pinout I got from Dous Baisley is this:

PC DB-9--------------Proj Option port HD-15

2-----------------------7

3-----------------------6

5-----------------------15

7-----------------------12

8-----------------------8

It's not a standard cable so you'll have to make it or have someone make it.

I can't seem to get this working so I cant confirm it's correct. I think I'm having a problem with using the software under windows XP, it looks like it was designed for 3.1. Has anyone succesfully used it in XP?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.