AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sony DVP-NS725P DVD player, and recently got an InFocus 61md10 RPTV (re-branded RCA HD61THW263). They are connected via a THX certified monster component cable (directly to the TV's Input 2).

When I leave the DVD player in standard mode, it all works fine. The TV shows that it's getting a 480i input and the picture looks fine.

When I switch the player to progressive mode (auto, film, or TV, any one), the TV shows that it's recognizing the feed as 480p, but nothing shows up. The screen is black. The timer on the DVD player counts on like normal, audio fed to my receiver still plays, there is just no picture. As soon as I switch back to regular interlaced mode the picture shows up again.

Could this be due to some incompatibility with this particular combo? Is it more likely that one or the other is malfunctioning?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Have you tried switching your tv to a different input then back to the 480p signal to let it re-sync ?

My mits will sometimes do that, I get a scrambled image until switch from input 1 -> input 2 -> input 1

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Araltd
Have you tried switching your tv to a different input then back to the 480p signal to let it re-sync ?
I have tried this, yes. It always returns to a black screen on the DVD input.

It does not give me the "unusable signal" message that I normally get when switching to inputs that have nothing at all connected to them on the TV though, and like I said it recognized that it's 480p... just does not show me anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.