AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to all who answered my previous post about my computer not shutting off...

NEXT question..... .....

I've set up to 80 gb ATA133 hard drives in a RAID array (striped, for A/V editing). No problem setting them up in the Fasttrak133 utility that runs during boot.

And the Fastcheck monitor utility that runs in the XP system tray sees the array fine and dandy.

But all Windows XP sees is an 80 gb drive (labeled G) The other 80 gb drive is nowhere to be found. This isn't normal, is it? Shouldn't I be seeing one 160 gb drive? I mean, where does Windows think my other 80 gb went?

I should mention this is all in addition to the 60 gb ATA100 C: drive that Windows itself is on.....

Anyway, my Device Manager shows the C drive and "Promise 2+0 Stripe/RAID0 SCSI Disk Device" under the "disk drives" section and "WinXP Promise MBFasttrak133 Lite Controller" under the "SCSI and RAID Controllers" section.

The motherboard manufacturer (Gigabyte Technology)'s web site is of no help here, very little tech support at all, in fact.

So is this normal, or have I got a problem?

Thanks...

· Registered
11 Posts
I have a promise fasttrak controller running a striped drive also.

If I remember correctly, I believe with that controller the striped drive has to be your C: drive, otherwise it won't be recognized correctly, which sounds like the problem you are having.

I know this probably isn't what you want to hear, but with the onboard RAID controllers, options are limited.

· Registered
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, crap.....:mad:

Rather than reinstalling XP from scratch, I guess I'll just make the drives two plain ATA133 drives and leave 'em at that.

Thanks....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.