Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Situation:

If a scheduled recording is not guaranteed and is set for keeping one episode, it will fail to record even if there is no conflicting recording scheduled for the same time (or overlapping it.)

Reason:

If you are watching a previously recorded event of the same replay channel at the time the new event is scheduled to start the new recording will not happen. Also, if you left the previous instance in the pause mode the new event will fail to record. This is obviously by design where a decision was made that missing a new NG recording was preferable to losing the ending to a partially watched show. I did notice that with a partially watched guaranteed show a new recording would occur (even with keep 1 episode specified) and the old one preserved; but this was with ample disk space available. Don't know what would happen if space was tight.

It took three such happenings for the puzzle pieces to finally fall into place.

Just goes to prove that nothing happens without reason, we're just too dumb to see the causal relationships between events.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This exact scenario happened to me yesterday. I was watching Tuesday's 7:25am World Cup match, which I had preserved the night before, on Wednesday morning. Luckily, I noticed that Wednesday's 7:25am match was not being recorded and was able to schedule it manually only missing the first minute or so.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I also had some problems ... I tried also to record a Cup match,, but it didn't record. In my case it appeared that a non guaranteed theme based Blues Clues episode starting at 6am and ending at 6:30 got recorded, but a guaranteed theme based world cup match with no prior recordings starting at 6:25am did not get recorded. Unfortunately it was the opening match. Fortunately I have another showstopper without the Blues clues infestation that caught it. I went ahead and made everything record individually and split the recordings over both units. No problems now. I'm not taking any chances. Everything else that could possibly conflict is now non-guaranteed.

Finally another good word to be put in for those who helped make upgrades possible to be able to store all the matches so I can get around to watching them. ... and also great job USA

:D :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.