AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this quote from an owner who bought their Samsung TV on 12/06/10:

"For everyone that is hearing a buzz, in the box you get 3 large magnetic shielding things that wrap around your power cord. I believe that it defers interference from other electronic devices. It stopped mine from buzzing and probably yours too."

Thought someone else in here might wanna try it.
So don't throw your box out, just yet!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Those are ferrite cores. I just got a PN58C8000 a week ago and have a buzz. It is worse now that I have mounted it a few inches from the wall. I haven't tried to use those on my power cord, but I will. I don't think it will help.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSN /forum/post/19634185

"For everyone that is hearing a buzz, in the box you get 3 large magnetic shielding things that wrap around your power cord. I believe that it defers interference from other electronic devices. It stopped mine from buzzing and probably yours too."

Where did you get this owner's quote from?

Interference through the power cord is not the cause of the buzz. It's the panel itself. Have you not been reading the buzz threads?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP
There's an easier solution: buy another brand.
What other choices are there? Pannys have the floating blacks issue. It seems this year, it's pick your poison time. I'm in the market for either a plasma or led-lcd and it seems there's issue with every brand/every technology.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP
There's an easier solution: buy another brand.
Well to be fair the vast majority of Samsungs don't buzz abnormally loud. If they do, they're defective and need to be returned since it's coming from the panel itself, and Samsung claims that hearing a buzz at 15 feet is normal (it most certainly is not normal).

·
Registered
40 Posts
My pn63c8000 buzzes slightly - it is audible from my couch (8 feet away), but is not a problem for me.

The TV came with a single ferrite core. Applying the core to the cord did nothing for the buzz, tho.

·
Registered
349 Posts
This guy sounds like a noobie Samsung rep

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
.. only two 'possible' solutions i've read is: snug-up the screws securing the backside of the TV and/or opening the back, finding the loose board and/or bridge that is not screwed-down firmly and snugging the screws. Crappy QC, compliments of neighbors/invaders to the South.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel'son
.. only two 'possible' solutions i've read is: snug-up the screws securing the backside of the TV and/or opening the back, finding the loose board and/or bridge that is not screwed-down firmly and snugging the screws. Crappy QC, compliments of neighbors/invaders to the South.
so you're saying it is a physical thing that is causing the buzz? for the record, my 63C590 does not have the problem buzz

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just picked up a pn58c590 set late today. I read about the ferrite cores in the setup guide. Wrapped the cords around them and still have a buzz. Not sure how loud it compares with others sets but with the tv speaker volume above 5, which is below my normal listening level. This is sitting @ approx 10 ft away.

I can hardly hear the buzz unless i really focus on listening for it. In a dead quiet room it's easily picked up and sounds equal to a laptop/computer is running. Certainly not as loud as a xbox

·
Registered
28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermobaric /forum/post/0

What other choices are there? Pannys have the floating blacks issue. It seems this year, it's pick your poison time. I'm in the market for either a plasma or led-lcd and it seems there's issue with every brand/every technology.

That's what happens when the prices fall. Floating blacks wouldn't be noticed by 99.9% of the population.

·
Banned
130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyl /forum/post/19636831

My pn63c8000 buzzes slightly - it is audible from my couch (8 feet away), but is not a problem for me.

The TV came with a single ferrite core. Applying the core to the cord did nothing for the buzz, tho.

I hear a slight buzz only when I place my ear right up to the rear of the set. Otherwise, even with the volume muted and the house quiet, I hear absolutely nothing. This whole buzzing thing is d-a-m-n peculiar. Reading these threads before delivery of my set in November heightened my awareness of this issue but there are still no unusual sounds emanating from my set which was manufactured in the same month. There are too many complaints to disregard. But I am of the opinion that some folks are hearing things that don't exist.

·
Registered
878 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSN /forum/post/19634185

Thought someone else in here might wanna try it.
So don't throw your box out, just yet!

can you point out this poster so i can laugh at him uncontrollably? TIA

·
Registered
402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermobaric /forum/post/19636681

I agree. Sad but true, there really is something (or the potential for something) to be wrong with every technology, manufacturer, and set. It shouldn't be that way for the money, but it seems it is...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.