AVS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the 60XBR2 and I was wondering if someone could please help me. I was going through the Avia disc setup an I noticed that on a total black screen that the left side of the screen was a little bit brighter then the right side. Its not a very big difference, but enough to notice while watching a movie. It is noticable because it gives the blacks on the left side a little bit of a blue hue to them. Has anyone ever noticed this problem before? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually I'm still within the 30 days of purchase. So I might be able to do an exchange. But that is something I would like to avoid.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdv8 /forum/post/0

Yes I have. Is this a known problem?

First I've seen of anyone reporting this particular problem. It isn't normal so you might want to have it checked. Do check the obvious, like a light you may have near the TV that's shining in an exhaust vent or something like that (ie, check it in a completely dark room). Also check from multiple sources to insure that's it's not the DVD player or cable

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In a completely dark room is were you can really see it and it happens with all of my inputs X-box 360, HD-DVD, DVD and cable.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Then it looks like something is out of alignment. You'll have to call service or have it exchanged for a new one. Just make sure you can reproduce it in a way that makes it obvious to any service technician that it is a real problem.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Fortunately, my A2000 was perfect, but after seeing various posts about people having problems with the A2000 and XBR2 over the last year, I just have a feeling that many problems people have with these TVs are caused during delivery. I suspect these TVs are more prone to shock than people realize and the level of abuse they take during shipping and delivery may be a big factor in determining whether the TV you get has problems.

Hopefully yours will be a simple fix and it will be perfect thereafter.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdv8 /forum/post/0

Yes I have. Is this a known problem?

Yes. And even the highly acclaimed black levels turn blue and fluctuate. Been that way since the first rear-lcd's. They tried to make sxrd more dlp type, reflection, to improve blacks, which worked for the most part, but still there are more flaws with sxrd than lcd imo.

I dont think a repairman will be able to fix that and if past 30 days and dont have a return poilicy will be enough od a problem for a replacement, i could be wrong though if you complain enough. It is hard for sonys sxrd, lcd, to put out a even all black screen. Some went to dlp also because of this.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
If your within the 30 day return period, simply call them and have them come pick it up and deliever another (same or different model).

I dont know why people hesitate on stuff like this.

·
Registered
338 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Davis /forum/post/0

Then what is the cause?

The A2000's we're seeing aren't having your problem, most of them are having engine and board problems. If you've got an extended warranty or better yet, within the 30 day exchange, I'd take it back. Sounds like some sort of weird problem with a panel (blue) not completely cutting off light transfer which could be the engine.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOtvGuy /forum/post/0

The A2000's we're seeing aren't having your problem, most of them are having engine and board problems. If you've got an extended warranty or better yet, within the 30 day exchange, I'd take it back. Sounds like some sort of weird problem with a panel (blue) not completely cutting off light transfer which could be the engine.

Luckily mine's been perfect. What has been weird is that people that have gotten A2000s with problems seem to get 2 or 3 replacements that also have problems. One common denominator is the shipping, but if it's really electronics problems, then maybe there were problems specific to certain production runs. This like the optical block could very well be affected by shock and vibration, but the electronics shouldn't.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts