AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Infinity P362's as my mains and have an unused pair of channels from my receiver (onkyo ht-rc160) that i was wondering if it was possible to just set the receiver to biamp and just run both sets of wires to the same terminal on the P362's hoping to achieve double the power to those speakers. Is anything like this do-able? I just hate seeing that i can handle more power and my amp has unused outputs. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
30,166 Posts
1) You can only "bi-amp" if the speaker has TWO sets of speaker terminals

2) Receiver bi-amping is basically worthless, you are not "wasting" anything. Not only are those Infinity's very sensitive, so they don't really need a lot of power, bi-amping with the two unused amps in the receiver will only suck away power from the other amps.

If want more power, get a more powerful amp. Forget about receiver bi-amping, it's a marketing gimmick created because people like you (no offense
) who sit there wondering what to do with the "wasted" amps when only running 5.1 on a 7-ch unit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig /forum/post/18234828

bi-amping with the two unused amps in the receiver will only suck away power from the other amps.

So then if i unplugged my surrounds are you saying i would be getting more power to my mains and center?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts