AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to the sync issues with the RGB and DVI ports on my Hitachi 5500, I'd like to attempt to use the component input with my HD Leeza. The HD Leeza doesn't have component outputs, only RGBHV with BNC connectors. Is there some type of converter that can take care of this?

·
Registered
380 Posts
To thirdkind:

I'm quoting from the little book that came with my Key Digital KD-CTCA2 transcoder.

Clear Color 2

Key Digital KD-VTCA2 - "VGA (RGBHV) input to component (YPrPb) Output Video Adapter with VGA loop through HOME THEATRE SOLUTION. Clear color 2 converts VGA(RGBHV) signal from Set Top Boxes and Personal Computers to Component (YPrPb). Clear Color 2 has a VGA (RGBHV) Loop Through Feature, which allows simultaneous monitoring of VGA Input". In other words it passes through the VGA signal to a computer monitor in addtition to giving you a component out to an HDTV monitor.

Clear Color KD-VTCA1 - "VGA (RGBHV) Input to Component (YPbPr) Output Video Adapter HOME THEATRE SOLUTION

Clear Color converts VGA (RGBHV) signal from VGA Set Top Boxes or Personal Computers to Component (YPrPb) Signal for HDTV Ready Monitors".

This still doesn't solve your problem, but I guess that you could use a VGA breakout to RGBHV BNC cable then plug the RGBHV BNC end into the Leeza and the other end with the VGA connection could be plugged in to one of those above adaptors. The component output from the adaptor could be plugged into the Hitachi 5500. I don't see why that would not work.

You could run this by Jason at AVS since he sells all this stuff, and maybe he could verify that it would or would not work.

Larry Raulston

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's exactly what I thought of doing since I already own a VTCA1. Wasn't sure if it would work though, and I was worried about degradation from the use of several adapters. I'll give it a shot.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
thirdkind - You sound like you already have the HD Leeza. I didn't think there were any out there yet.

Tom

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, don't have it yet. But I preordered it and they have my credit card number, so one of those first units is mine already as far as I'm concerned ;)

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I hadn't realized until this thread that the HD Leeza doesn't have component output. I don't need it as I'll be using the RGB but I had just assumed it would be there.

thirdkind - Are you upgrading or buying brand new?

Tom

·
Registered
70 Posts
So the much talked about HD Leeza is not going to have component output??? How tough can it be to include this on the units?? The whole world does not yet have DVI interfaces, klugy converter do-dads, etc. Most a/v stuff has at least component in/out.

Is the HD going to have component in/out or not??

I was considering it but 98% of my gear runs via component and my pj does as well. So no component out would take the HD out of the running.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.