AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm curious if anyone knows if it's possible to have satellite AND cable hooked up to the ReplayTV with listings for each or is the guide strictly 1 input? I'd like to be able to switch between inputs and record shows that I can't get with cable on the satellite, but the catch is i'd like them scheduled so that it turns the channel using the serial cable. Cable would use the IR blaster. I'm using the 5040 model.

Thanks for taking the time.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yep, it works well atleast for Dish Network and cable. The ReplayTV unit will put the cable channels at the normal 1-99 lineup and the Dish channels at the normal 100+ lineup. If you have local through satellite, these will be mapped to the 1-99 channels and the cable channels will be moved to the 1000+ range. Kinda confusing to describe but simple once you hook it all up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. What happens if you have digital cable and the channels run into the 400's? I was considering combining the digital cable with directv. Anyone tried this or have theories on how it would work?

Thanks again

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm guessing the ReplayTV just remapps the cable channels to the 1000+ area if any cable channels conflict with the sattelite channels. Ofcourse this is just a guess on my part as I didn't run into this situation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.