AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to use the SPDIF with Revo for music and analogs of Audigy 2 for games. Are there conflicts with having both in the same time and Is it easy to switch between the two on the fly.

Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Should be no problem, I have an Audiophile and a SB Live that work fine together. I set the Live as the default sound card and configured my audio software to use the Audiophile's SPDIF output. That way there is no need to switch manually.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Isn't there another practical problem with this configuration? I've thought about putting my A2 and my Revo into the same box, but one of the benefits of the Revo is supposed to be its superior DACs which requires using the analog outs (this would allow listening to MP3s in surround mode, for example). Similarly, I'd love to use the A2 to listen to DVD-audio which also requires using the analog outs. Very few receivers or preamps have two sets of analog inputs which would negate, for me, the benefit of having both cards in the same PC.

You could buy a Zektor multi-channel audio switch from Digital Connection for about $400, and then hook both cards up to a receiver/pre-pro but that seems a bit steep for marginal added functionality. Has anyone found another solution to this?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Tes,

I am in the process of putting my first HTPC together and I was looking to use two cards as you do. The audigy for gaming and DVD-A and then the mobo spdif out for all music and DVD movies. I was guessing that you could do what you have in theory but now I know it works in practice. I didn't want to have to be switching a thing in the HTPC but only the input on my Denon. So if I understand correctly, all I have to do is use the Audigy as the deafult and configure my DVD player and music player to use the spdif on the mobo. Thanks so much for the confirmation!

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by eggz

You could buy a Zektor multi-channel audio switch from Digital Connection for about $400, and then hook both cards up to a receiver/pre-pro but that seems a bit steep for marginal added functionality. Has anyone found another solution to this?

You could also use the MSB Audio Director which is what I have.

Quote:
Converts regular audio into 24bit / 96kHz digital. Includes phono and eight auto switching analog inputs. Outputs 24 bit digital at 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96kHz in coaxial, optical and balanced formats
It has auto sensing so it will auto switch to which ever analog input is live.

MSB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.