AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the AVS Forum, but I admit I am not extremely familiar with all its content. If I am asking something that is dumb or has been covered, please forgive me.

I currently have the Samsung Ultra Thin Wall Mount in my living room with a Samsung 55 inch TV. It's really great, and keeps the TV so close to the wall I can't even see any space between them when it's hanging.

Now I am faced with hanging a Sony KDL46EX710 in my bedroom, but I am spoiled by the Samsung wall mount and I don't want to use another kind.

Is there any reason I can't hang this Sony TV with the same Samsung Slim Wall Mount or this is there some incompatibility issue between the Sony and the Samsung mount that I don't know about? Are Samsung TVs somehow built special so they can safely be hung with this Ultra Thin Mount? For those who don't know, the whole weight of the TV hangs on only two screws with this particular Samsung Wall Mount. You can see exactly how the wall mount works here if you are not familiar.

Please keep the noob snickering to a minimum and your answers are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
144 Posts
My opinion would be that if the back of the Sony TV is flat between the mounting holes and the connection panel is the same style as the Samsung (facing down or to the side, not straight out from the back), you should be okay. That is a really neat mount - I've never seen anything like that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it's really great as far as a mount goes. It's also really easy to take it on and off the wall if you need to do anything, hide wires, or whatever. Samsung must have some kind of great patent because I don't see why it's not copied by Sony and everyone else. The big drawback is that even when you get it cheap from Amazon it's still around $130. Ridiculous when you consider what you're buying, but then again I am extremely happy with it.

Anyway, you bring up a great point about how the wires go in and if they stick straight out on the Sony. I don't have the TV yet so I will have to check that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I actually saw that cheap version before I bought the more expensive version. It's not a rational fear, but I just worried about hanging my $2K and change TV by a $10 mount. Even though I know they are probably made in the same Chinese factory, I just couldn't do it. Something made me feel like I was safer with the real Samsung one and if it somehow broke I could actually hold Samsung responsible since it was their mount and their TV. Again I know, not rational.

Anyway, thanks for the good thoughts on this, everyone. Once I get the TV I will let you know what happens and if it works I will tell you that too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I understand your fears, but with my experience monoprice mounts are the best quality mount I have used, for fractions of the cost. I am sure many others on this form would agree. Good luck and hope it works out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts