AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to build a Tritrix center for my system for now and then build the left and right later. Seeings how it cost about the same to buy parts for 2 full Tritrix's my thought was I would buy an extra tweeter and xover parts and build a pair of Tritrix MT's for surround duty at the same time. I look on Curts sight and it shows the MT plans but no guide for the cut outs for the speakers. How would I figure where the cut outs go? Also there are a few screws visable in the pics that dont go into the speakers. What do those attach to? I appreciate any and all help.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you have the cash upgrade to the newer Aviatrix mode also designed by Curt. The newer model is not posted on Curts webpage. It is posted on the HTguide forum. Curt will answer questions on either model. The sealed Aviatrix kit is available from PartsExpress. Curt said you would have to do a little modification for the TL variation.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I found this at Curts site. If you use this and the pictures of the speaker you should be OK.

I calculated about the woofer to have about 7/8" between the baffle edge and the frame edge. -This is a center spacing of approximately 3 3/4" from the sides and bottom. The tweeter also has about 7/8" between the the frame edge and the near side and top edges. I calculate it's center is about 3 1 1/16" from the top, and is offset approximately 3/4".

James

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
There was an 'AviaTrix Sealed MTM Components Kit' at Parts Express , but they sold out fast (and there currently isn't a due date for new kits yet). I have a build thread at HTGuide for three of them (not completely finished yet) if you are interested. I plan to use them as the LCRs in my family room.

There is also a TL variant and an MT variant of the AviaTrix. The cabinet and crossover of the MT variant is posted here in the Parts Express Tech Talk Forum.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Thats exactly what I did. Now, be aware that the xo's are not the same for the MT's as the MTM's. That said, I have no issue with mine and even Curt said it wasn't a big issue especially since they are used for surrounds. Have at it, the TT's are very impressive. If you are ever in the Sac area shoot me a PM and maybe you can come by for a listen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts