AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a STR-DG710 sony reciever and i have my old sony reciever which i replaced with the new one. but my sub is a pass throught kind. how can i use my old reciever as like an amp so i dont waste the power of the new and better reciever. how would i set it up i really appreciate any help. what would be the best way of doing it. thanks

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
your new receiver doesn't have an amp inside it for the sub anyway, so

there's a SUB output in the rear, connect that to an input on the old receiver (say for example, right channel on AUX, then use the right speaker connection to the sub. select the AUX input on the old receiver permanently

does that sound right?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i tried that but it is not working. no sound is comming out when i do that. is there something im missing?

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Did you check the receiver's setup menu to ensure that sub woofer is set to "Yes".

Are you using the speaker trim level tones to test the sub or listening to a sound track? If listening to a sound track try the test tones. If that works then soundtracks should work (assuming that there is information in the LFE channel or below what ever crossover frequency you selected).

You might also try setting the front mains to small to force redirection of the lows to the sub.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts