AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I really don't know if this thread is going to be replied to, since none of mine do. But here we go, Long story short

I purchased a tv from buy.com (sova 32" lcd tv) and I have been having problems with it ever since I got it. Lets start of with the lines. When iam in widescreen mode watching cable there is this green line on the left side of the screen. When in 4:3 mode there are purple lines on each side. Now yesterday I have noticed at really thick blue line when iam playing my xbox at the top of the screen. Buy.com wont help me, and neither will the company of the tv. So my question is, how much would a local repair shop charge for a fix such as this. This is a off brand, so keep that in mind and also is there any legal action i could possible take, I knw this isnt the place to ask but help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats the problem, Buy.com didn't tell me the company is out of business. On buy.com this tv falls under the "special return policy" which says contact the manufacturer for any issues with the set. Well the manufacturer doesn't exist anymore, so i was thinking I could take some kind of legal action against buy.com I dont really want my $500 to go to waste.

·
Registered
735 Posts
The LCD inside has a broken column/row. It has failed. Money back or new set is the only thing you can do. If there is no recourse and you are stuck with it, take a screw drive and tear the set apart. You will eventually get to the LCD display. Get the make and model number of the display inside. Research it and try to buy the LCD display. If you can get the exact number, it will screw back in easily.

Otherwise, you will have to live with it.

DB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.