AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I obviously have been spending too much time here and thinking about video deinterlace algorithms.

I just caught myself staring out the window through a screen, wondering how to remove the jaggies from the visual image of my phone line. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

- Tom

------------------

Getting started:
HTPC Faq , dScaler , Xcel's Links .

[This message has been edited by trbarry (edited 05-13-2001).]

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
I remember the time I was deeply getting into video for the first time..(yes, I have done this trip more than once.. this is the third time, I think...) I was spending my time evaluating image quality, and trying to get the quality as high as I possibly could.

What happened one day, is I was driving my car down the road, and the sun was slightly above and behind me. I was pulling up to the car in front of me, and I caught myself looking at the sunlight glinting off of the freshly washed chrome bumper of the car in front of me. I looked at it gleam. I started thinking 'Gosh. that chrome, has terrific detail... high S/N ratio on the signal... it sure looks real.."

Or, about 5-6 months ago, I was walking my dog at 4 am, on a night with a full moon. I looked up into the sky at the full moon. I reflexively jumped and started making motions as if searching for the remote control of my Marquee CRT projector. I wanted to use the sudden opportunity of having a perfect circle in the image as a reference for tweaking the aspect ratio. The circle is perfect for this... and does not appear in a scene often, so use the chance when you see it. So.. I saw the moon, and all I could do is try and correct the aspect ratio. My dog tried to move away from me....

------------------

goosystems.com

Ken Hotte

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by KBK (edited 05-13-2001).]

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
..(yes, I have done this trip more than once.. this is the third time, I think...)
Yes, me too, but not on video. I usually consider it a sign of either pending break-through or burn-out. It almost always means it's time to issue and celebrate a mini-release of something. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

- Tom

------------------

Getting started:
HTPC Faq , dScaler , Xcel's Links .

·
Registered
405 Posts
This happens to me with video games also. When I first mastered Space Invaders, I was mentally tracking horizontally moving objects with an eye toward shooting them. But the worst was Tetris. I saw falling blocks behind everything, in my sleep, my dreams. when looking at anything rectangular, I was always plotting the most efficient way to stack it.

------------------

--}{: --}{:

: --}{: --}{:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Slightly O/T, but not far:

After having ReplayTV for a year now, I find myself reaching for the replay button on my car radio. I really do want one sometimes.

I start to reach for the volume up for the person talking when there's a lot of background noise.

After heavy soltaire binges in a years-ago job, I sometimes saw playing cards when I blinked my eyes.

And I still occasionally dream of falling block strategy.

(Whose motto is it here at avsf: "Better living through modern expensive electronics."?)

-yogaman

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.