AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My P50 has about 100 hours of use on it and it is probably time for me to begin thinking about some mods to the current settings.

I kicked my contrast all the way back to -9 with a brightness setting of +5 for these initial 100 hours of viewing.

I was just wondering where most P50 users ultimately decided to set contrast and brightness for the duration.

I am feeling like -9 for contrast is a bit much now that I am about through the initial 100 hours, recognizing that contrast will likely be one of the settings that might require some adjustment over the life of the display anyway.

I will likely have the thing calibrated at some point. Cliff calibrated my first plasma display and did an excellent job. However, I want some other components in place before I call Cliff back in as it is a long ride for him to get here. I probably tend to favor an overall darker presentation anyway. Any help with contrast and brightness would be much appreciated regardless of preferences and recognizing that mileage may vary based on differences from one P50 to the next. I am just looking to get in the right ball park before I really start to tweak the thing.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.