AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When DirecTV added Showtime, I returned. I have 3 HD units. Two are RPTVs. One is a CRT projector.

For the first two I added Toshiba DST3000s. After the Sat-C adjustment, they work fine. Showtime appears in the program guide as Channel 543, and the channel is fully functional.

For the CRT projector, I added a RCA DTC100. I wanted it because of its VGA output. The RCA is set to the appropriate "DISH 3" (or whatever) in the setup menu, but the channel does not appear in the program guide. Nor does it appear when I punch in 5-4-3-enter. Instead, although I get a channel bar at the top, I get a message of "Information Not Available."

DirecTV is stumped and so is my installer. Who will step up as the Premier Video Detective?

Thanks,

Nick :cool:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Works fine here. I had a similar problem with a previous DTC100 unit. One minute it would show channels on the 101 bird, and 5 minutes later it would not. Over a few weeks the bad 101 time went to 100%.

After some time, they concluded it was a bad unit. RCA sent me another one, which as worked fine since that time.

Ed

·
Registered
277 Posts
Nick, have you checked for the transponder strength to verify the signal from your sat c is making it to your reciever? The guide data for 110 is sent by all sats. Presence of guide info does not imply reception of 110. Verify triple sat configuration, then do a hard reset of the reciever. Proceed to bypassing multiswitch. Couple reciever directly to your sat c lnb. The sat c lnb changes the frequency of 110 transponders to appear @ the reciever as transponders from the 119 orbital location. Any standard dish with pointed @ 110 with a direct run to the reciever will work fine if you had a faulty multi switch for example. Let us know!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had the same exact problem with my DTC100 when I tried to view 543. Several months ago I installed the Sat C kit and setup the receiver for the oval dish with 3 lnbs. The tech guy at DirecTV had me set the receiver to the round dish. No 543 or 509! Then he had me set it back to the oval dish with 3 lnbs. I tuned into 543 and there it was!

I had called DirecTV 4 or 5 times, before the guy told me to try this. Previously they had wanted to sell me a new card for $20 or replace the receiver. In the end there was nothing wrong with it and I was very happy.

Hope this works with your receiver.

Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.