AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When DirecTV added Showtime, I returned. I have 3 HD units. Two are RPTVs. One is a CRT projector.

For the first two I added Toshiba DST3000s. After the Sat-C adjustment, they work fine. Showtime appears in the program guide as Channel 543, and the channel is fully functional.

For the CRT projector, I added a RCA DTC100. I wanted it because of its VGA output. The RCA is set to the appropriate "DISH 3" (or whatever) in the setup menu, but the channel does not appear in the program guide. Nor does it appear when I punch in 5-4-3-enter. Instead, although I get a channel bar at the top, I get a message of "Information Not Available."

DirecTV is stumped and so is my installer. Who will step up as the Premier Video Detective?

Thanks,

Nick

· Registered
129 Posts
I have a DTC-100 working just fine. Are you getting a Signal Strength on transponders 8, 10, 12? This may be obvious but did you switch to three satellite dish 7,3,1, next.

· Registered
71 Posts
I have the exact same problem. I have a tosh DST-3000 downstairs and there is no prob. at all w/ch. 543. On my JVC proj and my tosh. TW65H80 in my theater room, I use a RCA-DTS100 and nothing. D* is stumped. I varified all settings on the RCA????? Ron

· Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's how I've solved the problem. I did sort of what one of the posters advised. I went into the menu, 7, 3, 1, and ran the transponder test for the 110/119 signal. That "activated" the 110 signal, and it kicked in from there. When I returned to the guide, the channel was there.

Of course, you need to make sure you're set to the Dish with 3 signals or channels or whatever it is.

Nick :cool:

· Registered
606 Posts
I had to unplug the DTC100 from AC outlet for a few seconds for ch543 to show up. Even when I did this immediately after power on and re-acquiring satellite, ch543 was not there, then about a minute later ch543 showed up in the guide.

· Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unplugging the unit did not work for me. It was running it through the trasnponder test which "activated" the 110 signal. Then all was fine. My installer had not done this.

Nick :cool:

· Registered
480 Posts
Ok, i had the same problem with my RCA DTC-100, here in Jersey City.

After my self installation, the receiver said it was setup for 3 signals,

but nothing on the program guide for SHOHDTV (543)

Did the Menu 7,3,1 thing, and it quickly popped up!!

thanks

Winston

· Registered
651 Posts
was a different one:

I had to go and change Oval Dish mode to 2 LNBs and then

back to 3 LNB and only then 543 showed up.

The signal strength meter, power resets didn't help me.

· Registered
1,029 Posts
i'm stumped.

i have a zenith 1080 and a dtc100.

the zenith picks up all three sats just fine while the dtc100 is only seeing

101 and 119. we traded out the multiswitch yesterday and the dtc100 was getting

110 just fine for several hours, but now, i'm getting program information and

'searching for satellite' on ch 543.

if i unplug the dtc100 for several minutes to reset then plug it back it, i'll get

a picture on ch 543 briefly.

any ideas??

update: i noticed that when i switched to ch 543, the signal looked intermittent.

(the dtc100 was locking into a 16x9 picture and the searching for satellite

message was intermittent).

after unplugging the zenith, the dtc100 was able to sucessfully lock onto ch 543.

any ideas how to fix this interaction between the two recievers??

· Registered
936 Posts
I'm having trouble to, but I think that I've got a problem with the LNB. Which transponders are associated with which sats (on 110/119)?

Thanks

MIke

· Registered
424 Posts
While your at it, what strength readings are you getting for DTC100 on 101/110/119 after the install?

Before the install I got 89/74 readings for 101/119.

After the install I get 89/74/60! readings for 101/110/119.

If this is a problem, what could be the cause? Bad combiner? Bad (short) coax?

jdg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.