Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have four Wii games:

(1) Zelda

(2) Warioware

(3) Excite Truck

(4) Wii Sports

These are the games with staying power. All the other games I bought were sold back.

I also plan on adding:

(5) Wii Play (and a second remote) in the near future.

And that will make 5.

I've also borrowed:

Gamecube Metroid Prime

Gamecube Resident Evil 4

This rounds out my list.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
In the future I can see all game consoles having a Wii type controller option for all their sports games. I've had the Wii since before Christmas and tired many of its games, the sports games(Wii sports, Excite, Madden 2007) are a lot of fun. The non sport games the Wiimote doesn't add a thing to the game, IMHO.

My wish list: A full feature baseball and hockey games.

·
Registered
266 Posts
This is kinda hard since I've only played a handful of games, but here I go:

1) Zelda

2) Elebits

3) Excite Truck

4) Super Monkey Ball

5) Trauma Center

In the trashheap?

1) Red Steel

2) Call of Duty 3

My "eh. whatever" titles:

1) Wii Sports

I'm actually wondering if Zelda is approprate for my list because it's really just a Gamecube title with some Wii functionality tacked on. Using the remote as a sword when there's no 1:1 movement relationship isn't all that impressive, but the remote makes the use of projectile weapons significantly easier to use than in the OoT days. Elebits, on the other hand, is a game built for the wiimote. It's a simple, yet well produced game that proves the ability of the wiimote as an excellent FPS control device. You can shoot, and use the capture gun to carry, throw, move, and rotate items. Elebits was a totally new experience for me that could only be done on the Wii while Zelda, as amazing as it is, would have been 90% as amazing on the GCN.

I just don't think Elebits has received the attention that it really deserves.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I personally don't like adventure/action/RPG games other than Zelda games, otherwise I would have tried elebits bynow.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASHERS33 /forum/post/0

I personally don't like adventure/action/RPG games other than Zelda games, otherwise I would have tried elebits bynow.

Did you try StarFox Adventure for the GameCube? That was pretty good, and played similar to Zelda.

My list.

1. Zelda

2. Wii Sports

3. Zelda

4. adleZ

5. 7_31c|/\\

The other games will have to wait for a price drop. Elebits may be interesting. At this time probably the most interesting up and commers are Mario and Metroid. That and a serious golf game (as opposed to Super Swing)

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Nice top 5. lol

No I have heard ebfore about that game having similarities though. What's weird is for the NES and even somewhat for the SNES I played every type of game. I think the difference now is that games are so much longer and I don't like getting into really involved games other than zelda.

With TP I have FORCED myself to take my time and enjoy it on the first playthrough and I am now at 131 or 132 hours, just finally at the end of the game.

·
Registered
321 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLW /forum/post/0

Did you try StarFox Adventure for the GameCube? That was pretty good, and played similar to Zelda.

My list.

1. Zelda

2. Wii Sports

3. Zelda

4. adleZ

5. 7_31c|/\\

The other games will have to wait for a price drop. Elebits may be interesting. At this time probably the most interesting up and commers are Mario and Metroid. That and a serious golf game (as opposed to Super Swing)

Haha, took me a minute to figure out what that last one was. I agree, though. Those are the only 2 games I have. Not interested in anything else (yet) until Metroid and Mario are available.

·
Registered
96 Posts
1: Wii sports

2: Zelda

3rd: Trama center

Thats the only 3 I've played. I fiddled with excita truck at GameStop, but never got anywhere. Didnt intrest me much. I havent seen any other games that look interesting. Im intrigued by the whatever golf game, but not going to pay $50 for it. Suddenly renting games seems to make a lot more sense, now that they cost double what they did last time I bought a console game.

Trama center.. Well I got it because my GF is a nurse, I thought it would get her into the console with me. Shes only played it a little bit, and the jury is still out. Im not to fond of it just because of how wordy it is. But if I skip past the long drawn out speeches I feel like im missing something from the game. That and the graphics... I've never been one for anime, but... I mean when the guy says "lets operate" or whatever he says when they go to the OR, it looks like he either just got a red hot poker shoved somewhere un-nice, or he's falling off a cliff reaching for a rope to save his life. Somewhere in the middle... lol. I definitely feel like it was way over priced at $50.

A revision: Trama Center is actualy starting to get more interesting, the dialogue is still too drawn out, but to much suprise the surgeries are getting much more challenging.

·
Banned
3,741 Posts
1. Wii Sports by far!!!

2. Rayman (sure, it's dumb as hell but at least funny and has a great - though not as great as Wii Sports - replay value...)

10. Zelda (ugly as hell, boring as hell, hardly could challenge a smarter 5-6 ys old mentally etc)

50. Red Steel (it's even uglier than Zelda, control is so pathetically buggy it's close to useless, fairly boring storyline etc).

I'm looking forward to see the first real Wii game - around the end of this year... until then I'll probably survive with these + Wii Play, perhaps some nicer Mario...

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
To me TP is stunningly beautiful. I feel sucked into the world like I did in OoT. And obviously people would say OoT was ugly too, but to me that looks very beautiful. I dont want too realistic with zelda games. They are awesome just as they are now.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Wii Sports

Mario 64

Call of Duty 3

Rayman Rabbits

Zelda: A link to the Past

·
Registered
3,292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2k /forum/post/0

10. Zelda (ugly as hell, boring as hell, hardly could challenge a smarter 5-6 ys old mentally etc)

I'm only a few hours into Zelda, but I kind of have to agree with you on this one. I don't think it loks too good, and I'm just not getting into the game at all. Maybe cuz I've just never been a Zelda fan?

I only have Zelda, Rayman, and of course Wii Sports, and Wii Sports is getting the most playing time. I've only had my Wii since Friday. I'm looking for a solid game to really get me interested - any suggestions?

Matt

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Zelda starts out slow...just to kind of teach you the controls. Keep with it, pretty soon you won't be able to put it down.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hmmmmm

Zelda

Madden 07

Excite Truck

Wii Sports

Rampage

Elebits

And I'll be honest.... Elebits would be number two if the door opening was easier.

As far as rampage rounding out the bottom, I was really surprised that I even liked this game. It was gift. But I thought I'd give it a whirl. Now, my 5 year daughter and I play it for hours.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innova /forum/post/0

Zelda starts out slow...just to kind of teach you the controls. Keep with it, pretty soon you won't be able to put it down.

Yea, I'll keep plugging at it for a few more hours, hopefully I'll get hooked. I had just gotten to the cave when I put it down last, so I'm assuming it'll get better from there.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.