AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posterization, text edges, banding, green haze, mosquito noise--and other problems with plasmas leave me wondering: Does anybody have clear screen shots of each of these problems and what DVDs might help to exhibit these and other problems so as to avoid a bad purchase ? A description of each of these with a screen shot would help everyone on the forum. I do realize that these descriptions might have been posted at various times and in different forum areas, but if it was all in one place that would help. Thanks.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Have you used the search engine at all here?

Also, screen shots won't capture many of these well.

Posterization = banding = non-smooth color gradients... Instead of fading across the shades of blue, e.g., smoothly, the color comes in "bands" and looks completely wrong. The bands are larger steps of color down the chain.

Mosquito noise is primarily a DLP problem.

Text edges, I've never heard of.

Green haze = a rap version of a Jimi Hendrix album. :) Kidding...

Mark

·
Super Moderator
21,699 Posts
go to the plasma
FAQ and refer to the section "What is false contouring, banding and the "Green Moss" effect?"

·
Registered
127 Posts
The DVI on my JVC provides great, sharp text images (the pictures are great too!).

Text images from the Samsung 931HD sDVD set at 720p are really clear. I wish my cable box was DVI enabled. While the component in images are great, I've got to believe that the DVI would be that much sharper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.