AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see over at blu-ray.com they have release dates for POTC The Black Pearl and Dead Mans Chest as 5-22 and Cars as 6-05.

I haven't seen any specs yet...but hopefully BD-50 for all of these.

Now we can start bugging Disney for Kill Bill, Tombstone ect release dates.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
We need the specs.
Hidef Digest said to stay tuned as specs are forthcoming.

BTW, can someone explain to me why The Rock, Con Air, and Crimson Tide are being released on a Friday (i.e. June 8)? That doesn't seem right to me...

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esox50 /forum/post/0

We need the specs.

BTW, can someone explain to me why The Rock, Con Air, and Crimson Tide are being released on a Friday (i.e. June 8)? That doesn't seem right to me...

Maybe a typo.....or they figured with so many great upcoming releases...that they needed to start releasing on the most common payday

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esox50 /forum/post/0

We need the specs.

With such a positive review of "Open Season" on AVC hopefully these titles will be AVC as well.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshot /forum/post/0

With such a positive review of "Open Season" on AVC hopefully these titles will be AVC as well.

Disney has been using AVC I believe on there non animated releases....but they have yet to compare to the top MPEG-2 releases so far. IMO

·
Registered
5,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshot /forum/post/0

Open Season is Sony's.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdhender /forum/post/0

I would kill for the Kill Bill movies this year on BD

I think it's coming.

"The Whole Bloody Affair", which is "Kill Bill" the trilogy owned by Weinstein is coming to HD DVD too at some point.

It'll be a great year of content for both formats.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
I'm looking forward to DMC. I really only watch parts of the movie, but I love the way it sounds. Great demo material when they fire up the triple guns. That's bass enough to shake a pant leg.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Not surprised seeing how Pirates comes out Friday the 25th.

Now if Sony would only release Spider-Man 1 and 2 on Tues May 1st.

·
Registered
375 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain /forum/post/0

Not surprised seeing how Pirates comes out Friday the 25th.

Now if Sony would only release Spider-Man 1 and 2 on Tues May 1st.

I bet they are saving them as soon as Universal annouce any decent titles. If Universal do, you can prob bet the two getting annouced. As long as Blu-ray wins out, HD-DVD could of actually been good for Blu-ray buyers!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAGOSIAN /forum/post/0

I think it's coming.

"The Whole Bloody Affair", which is "Kill Bill" the trilogy owned by Weinstein is coming to HD DVD too at some point.

It'll be a great year of content for both formats.

Are you sure they are owned by the Weinstein Co? I thought those movies were listed under the Buena Vista company. I beleive they were made pre-Weinstein. The way they dont have the rights to Sin City 1 but they have them for Sin City 2. I may be wrong, anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_D /forum/post/0

Weinstein has the rights to the recut Kill Bill...well, Tarantino himself has the rights but he's loyal to Harvey and will be releasing it through Weinstein.

Buena Vista has the rights to the original volumes.

And right you are.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassoon /forum/post/0

Judging by the recent live action BD-50 releases (Flighplan, Casanova), I'd wager that the Pirates movies will be in VC-1.

Chicago and Hitchhiker's Guide are AVC, but who knows what order they did the encodings in?

I'll buy Cars out of these titles.

·
Registered
12,212 Posts
Kill Bill is not a trilogy (yet). The third film will be made and released after..... (spoilers below):

.........after the four year old actress playing Vivica A. Fox's daughter grows up to be a young woman according to Tarantino. They have shot scenes already, but you have at least 13-14 years to wait for the film to be finished.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.