AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
935 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDad /forum/post/0


Thanks to Senior Member DM2006RI...........


Those of us who are Phillips owners (the same machine as your BDP1000, just braded differently) had to do the following....


You will need the Samsung 1.1 firmware update, and you could download it here:

http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.c...mware_Feb07.zip

Thank you for the help, but before I sound like a total retard I need help downloading it. It gives me the options of "run" or save. What do I do? How do I get it to a CD. Ive never owned something that needed a firmware upgrade.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
935 Posts
And from joshd2012....

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshd2012 /forum/post/0

Instructions for Burning Disc


1. Download file from here .


2. Uncompress this file.

...a. If you do not have a program to uncompress a "RAR" file, download 7 Zip here .

...b. This will give you an ISO file.


3. Open up your burning software, then open up the ISO file (sometimes called a 'CD Image File')


4. Burn the disc.


Edit: Here is a guide to burning ISO files for certain programs. If this doesn't help, try using Google to find a guide.

You basically burn the iso file as a disc image - then just turn on the Sammy, put the disc in, and let it do its thing. Make sure you don't turn the unit off while the firmware is installing. When it's finished, it will eject the disc and turn itself off (with the tray left open). Just remove the disc and power up. It will restore the factory settings, so you'll have to select the output and redo your settings, but it should allow the PotC discs to play.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDad /forum/post/0


And from joshd2012....




You basically burn the iso file as a disc image - then just turn on the Sammy, put the disc in, and let it do its thing. Make sure you don't turn the unit off while the firmware is installing. When it's finished, it will eject the disc and turn itself off (with the tray left open). Just remove the disc and power up. It will restore the factory settings, so you'll have to select the output and redo your settings, but it should allow the PotC discs to play.

Thanks for youre help, however I still dont understand. I dont know anything about comppressing files and things like that. I have the update saved in a file and I dont know how to get it to a CD so I will have to call them tomorrow and have them mail me the cd which means I wont get to watch my pirates movies by thursday at 8.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theforce8686 /forum/post/0


Thanks for youre help, however I still dont understand. I dont know anything about comppressing files and things like that. I have the update saved in a file and I dont know how to get it to a CD so I will have to call them tomorrow and have them mail me the cd which means I wont get to watch my pirates movies by thursday at 8.

DOwnload winrar, (rarsoft.com), it's free (well not 100% but it will always work), right click on file and EXTRACT HERE, open Burning Software, Open the .ISO, Burn and Voila!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeli662 /forum/post/0


Any reason why?

Yep, follow the suggestions above...I'm looking at PoTC 2 right now (the one with liar's game), and the movie (disc 1) is BD-J authored...


Disney continues to set the bar on this though...great blending of movie and BD-J menus and game....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,013 Posts
Picked up the two newly released disks on Tuesday and neither would work in my BD-P1000, took them back to Best Buy and had them tested on both the Sony and Samsung they have there and got the same result, they just get stuck on the loading screen and do nothing... Will these be recalled by Disney?? Is there a fix or post about these issues anywhere??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakerInWA /forum/post/0


I did update it once already, I looked on the Samsung website and it's still ver. 1.1 so I don't think that's going to help....

I called Samsung and they said they are working on a new firmware as they just found out there was a problem with the Pirates discs. They added me to the list and said they would mail me the firmware when it was done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Try downloading the current 1.1 if you haven't. They actually made some changes and didn't change the release number. I was on the first 1.1 release, and Pirates would just stop on the sequenced lights and sit there with the lights flashing forever. Afterwards, it's still slow, but the movie does finally start after watching a coin or key spinning for what seems like a few minutes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesO /forum/post/0


Try downloading the current 1.1 if you haven't. They actually made some changes and didn't change the release number. I was on the first 1.1 release, and Pirates would just stop on the sequenced lights and sit there with the lights flashing forever. Afterwards, it's still slow, but the movie does finally start after watching a coin or key spinning for what seems like a few minutes.

I can confirm this. My friends on another site have ran into this. The 1.1 on their site is a new one. The should have changed the number but they didnt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,609 Posts
Huh? The BDP-1000 Firmware Update Zip file that is available on the Samsung web site is dated Feb 07. If you download it and look at the extracted .ISO file it is dated Feb 07. Its the same file that has been available since Feb.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Mine started up okay, although it did take forever to load. When I started watching Black Pearl the screen jumped and split horizontally with the bottom half of the picture above the top half. Before that, on the FBI warning screens the bottom half of the picture would disappear. I re-loaded the disc - another eternity and jumped ahead to chapter 2 and it played fine after that. I have the BDP1000 with firmware 1.1 installed since February.


Do you think I should re-install the firmware?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by braves_fan3 /forum/post/0


Mine started up okay, although it did take forever to load. When I started watching Black Pearl the screen jumped and split horizontally with the bottom half of the picture above the top half. Before that, on the FBI warning screens the bottom half of the picture would disappear. I re-loaded the disc - another eternity and jumped ahead to chapter 2 and it played fine after that. I have the BDP1000 with firmware 1.1 installed since February.


Do you think I should re-install the firmware?

yes. reinstall
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,577 Posts
That extra dough for the Panny is paying off when I read these threads..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,260 Posts
I didn't even bother trying these discs in my BDP-S1 prior to updating to the newly released 1.6, as I assumed there was something in the new update that POTC needed.


Still, these discs are quite touchy, and take forever to load on my Sony player. I can play both successfully, but I would clock my post-firmware wait time from putting int he disc to actually being able to view the movie at about 4 minutes. Not cool.


Plus, when I ejected one, my player stopped recognizing all commands and I had to pull the power cable. These are the first Blu-Ray discs I've run through this player that have caused this kind of behavior. This is why I wish they would leave off this interactive crap and just give us the damn movie.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkaroo /forum/post/0


I didn't even bother trying these discs in my BDP-S1 prior to updating to the newly released 1.6, as I assumed there was something in the new update that POTC needed.


Still, these discs are quite touchy, and take forever to load on my Sony player. I can play both successfully, but I would clock my post-firmware wait time from putting int he disc to actually being able to view the movie at about 4 minutes. Not cool.


Plus, when I ejected one, my player stopped recognizing all commands and I had to pull the power cable. These are the first Blu-Ray discs I've run through this player that have caused this kind of behavior. This is why I wish they would leave off this interactive crap and just give us the damn movie.

Seriously, i guess thats why HD-DVD people have alot of problems with several of their big titles that implement all those cool features. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come when blu-ray fully implements all those cool, but utterly useless features.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top