AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a new HTPC soon. I really love the LIAN LI Black Aluminum PC-C37B case, but it's quite the small profile case. I plan to run it with an i3 and a dedicated GPU. Will heat be an issue? Is this case too small for the i3? Any advice would be great.

I see some member actually own the case, if those could chime in, thatd be wonderful!!

·
Registered
764 Posts
That case comes stock with 2 70mm case fans (one on each side in push / pull arrangement) with spots for 3 more! Cooling it should not be a problem. HOWEVER, I have no idea how quiet the stock fans are, but reviews claim they are pretty quiet. It's possible you could get more, if needed, from Lian Li. I usually check this site when looking for fans. 70mms are sometimes hard to find, but they have a decent collection.

BT

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
The problem I had is that I had to remove one of the fans by the psu because it simply would not fit with both. I still dont have a cooling issue really. The psu has a large 120mm fan and everything else seems fine over a year now. AMD matx system

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses!

I just wanted to put my mind at ease before I drop $200 on a case, since I don't make much money (college student). :/

ogormask, would you recommend the case? any issues? any tips?

Thanks, again!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Heat won't be an issue. The case has a nice vent grill above the CPU area. I suspect that iF you use this case with a SSD or laptop drive and the i3 you could get away with only the CPU cooler so the system would be quiet too. Try to find a top fan CPU cooler that would place the fan close to the top of the case under that grill. Then, the fan would draw cool outside air directly through the grill down onto the CPU.

I have a mini-ITX system in a small case with just one 120mm fan blowing down through the top cover in a similar manner. It cools great and is very quiet.

Peter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.