AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post! I have been asking around on this particular situation and I've gotten different answers from everyone so I will give as much detail as possible. I have a pair of JBL 240ti, that haven't been used in about a decade or so. I have been fiddling around with stereo equipment and decided to give them a try. I ran them through two different McIntosh stereo amplifiers both times I got the same result where the music comes out at a low volume and is clear. However when I change the EQ settings and the Volume (even setting it to zero) the music still comes out at that same low volume with no changes whatsoever. I tried both amplifiers with a different pair of speakers Advent 5012/w and everything works perfectly. The speakers reflect the changes to the receiver eq and volume. Also the power output meter on the stereo amplifier reflects the changes in output when I have the Advent's attached to them, however when JBL speakers are attached, the meter stays at a constant 0. I am wondering whether there's something wrong with the speakers where they just bypass the amplifiers and ignore the receiver settings. I am pretty sure the wiring is correct because it worked with the Advent. I hope there is a simple solution to this problem. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
3,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbears73 /forum/post/15449675

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post! I have been asking around on this particular situation and I've gotten different answers from everyone so I will give as much detail as possible. I have a pair of JBL 240ti, that haven't been used in about a decade or so. I have been fiddling around with stereo equipment and decided to give them a try. I ran them through two different McIntosh stereo amplifiers both times I got the same result where the music comes out at a low volume and is clear. However when I change the EQ settings and the Volume (even setting it to zero) the music still comes out at that same low volume with no changes whatsoever. I tried both amplifiers with a different pair of speakers Advent 5012/w and everything works perfectly. The speakers reflect the changes to the receiver eq and volume. Also the power output meter on the stereo amplifier reflects the changes in output when I have the Advent's attached to them, however when JBL speakers are attached, the meter stays at a constant 0. I am wondering whether there's something wrong with the speakers where they just bypass the amplifiers and ignore the receiver settings. I am pretty sure the wiring is correct because it worked with the Advent. I hope there is a simple solution to this problem. Thanks for the help

What do you mean "music comes out at a low volume and is clear"?

even when you crank up the volume?

I'm confused as to what equipment you are using.......receiver....amps....eq??

how is it all hooked up? Strange that both JBL's have the same problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts