AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just starting our basement room, I did all the framing, drywall, and wiring myself so i am dead tired, lol.

I ran my shielded CAT 6, Redmere HDMI (due to length of run), and front speaker wires through the upper part of the studs. At that point, i was planning to stay with my old Boston Acoustics VR40 fronts and VR12 centers so no problem.

However, the wife decided she wanted in-wall speakers so I bought some at last minute. As I finished cutting my last front speaker spot, I realized the speaker magnet was about 3" above the cables. Am I in big trouble with this distance from cables to magnet for interference? If too close, how can I shield the cables from this? I can't remove them as they are in-wall drilled through the studs. There is no conduit around the cables and it's only in the one stud space that I did this.

Do I have any chance here?

Thanks for the help!

Kip

·
Registered
6,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekipper  /t/1468043/potentially-stupid-mista...wall-speakers-please-help/0_100#post_23197822

Hi,

Just starting our basement room, I did all the framing, drywall, and wiring myself so i am dead tired, lol.

I ran my shielded CAT 6, Redmere HDMI (due to length of run), and front speaker wires through the upper part of the studs. At that point, i was planning to stay with my old Boston Acoustics VR40 fronts and VR12 centers so no problem.

However, the wife decided she wanted in-wall speakers so I bought some at last minute. As I finished cutting my last front speaker spot, I realized the speaker magnet was about 3" above the cables. Am I in big trouble with this distance from cables to magnet for interference? If too close, how can I shield the cables from this? I can't remove them as they are in-wall drilled through the studs. There is no conduit around the cables and it's only in the one stud space that I did this.

Do I have any chance here?

Thanks for the help!

Kip

Not really sure what you are worried about.. magnets don't interfere with digital signals. Magnets interfere with CRT electron guns.. but that is something completely different.. No worries..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts