AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Power Amp for Kef Q900 ?  recommendation     ?

What about Rotel RB-1582

AB Class Amp

Power Configurations2 x 200 watts

(20Hz-20kHz,

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
The amp will work fine like virtually any other amp that is 20 watts per channel or more. Damping factor is not an issue in choosing an amp. It is measurable but not audible.

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by denizcell  /t/1523957/power-amp-for-kef-q900-recommendation#post_24523012

Answer ?

It would be a lot more interesting if you could find a power amplifier that just won't work with KEF Q900s so we could point that out.

Finding a amp that won't sound great with Q900s is like going to a grocery store and finding an egg that isn't any good for making scrambled eggs. If you look for broken ones before you buy, it is just about mission impossible.

If you want to figure out how much power you at minimum need we would need to know:

Where in the room you intend to put the speaker (distance from the nearest wall).

How far you intend to sit from it.

What your desires are for peak SPL.

And then you wouldn't even need to tell us anything, you would just proceed to this web page and use it in a self-evident fashion:

http://myhometheater.homestead.com/splcalculator.html

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

spl watt np  i am looking the answer for only about sound quality  compatible rotel and q900  10 20 watt enoght at home in the room.. important is charcter of the sound. i am listening jazz blues and bob marley type music ..  all speakers giving different sound with different amps ..

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Both Arny and I are of the belief that most amplifiers sound the same and that electronics are close to being meaningless in terms of affecting sound quality. Sound quality comes from speakers and the rooms in which they are placed. Sound quality is not a reason to choose an amplifier.

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by denizcell  /t/1523957/power-amp-for-kef-q900-recommendation#post_24523618

.  all speakers giving different sound with different amps ..

The above is probably due to the way that the listening evaluation was performed.

(1) Level match within +/- 0.1 dB with a voltmeter?

(2) Quick switching under listener's control?

(3) Nobody visible during the evaluation knows what amp is playing at any time?

Fail to control any of the above and I can virtually guarantee that all amps will sound different, even if they are the same amp.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

hmm i understand that the sound quality not about amplifers .. amplifer class a ab or d and all amplifers same .. amplifers price different because power watt different ? if i use Krell power amp pure a class at same speaker and after i use a cheap amplifer i will listen same sound :D:D:D thank you mf ..

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
What about a ATI 1802?

As for power amplifier sound, I'm not sure, I've had Audiolab, Arcam, Rotel, NAD, ATI and can't say for sure if there is a difference.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

hmm i can choice R900 . i know about if in same model driver bigger the sound detail is bigger and more ..  but i dont know q900 200 mm  r500  130 mm   ok the question is

q900 vs r900 what will be different in sound quality  price X2 in my country  q900 between r900 it will be for %100 music   jazz blues bob marley type sometimes slow rock

extreme detail different q vs r ? i may change q900

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Don't choose speakers just because it has more drivers. Go and have a listen to a pair of £1500 Kef Q and £1500 Kef R and see which one you prefer.

If you can get the Q900 for 50% of price (like I did with Kef Q) then sure...but if I had the choice of say Kef R standmount, versus Kef Q floorstander, I'd choose the Kef R.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

The Biggest problem is i cant listen the speakers in my city. i need to go 800 km for listen speakers ... :(  and i am allways using this forum for ask you .. if i have a chance to listen i never ask about :)

·
Registered
7,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by denizcell  /t/1523957/power-amp-for-kef-q900-recommendation#post_24524390

i posted links for you
  i am waiting new answers about amplifers sound characteristic ..

You assume that I'm swayed by nonsense because it is on the internet? Sorry my views don't work for you.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

room is not big i will listen 10 20 watt maximum 40 watt.  i select big drivers for detail of soun not about watt ..  but may be r900 but its X2 money i dont think about X2 sound quality

1 - 20 of 50 Posts