AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just wanting some recommendations here as I am looking to buy a power amp to drive my speakers, and let my avr do the decoding.

My current setup is Yamaha 663, DIamond Wharfedale 9 series speakers for fronts and rears.

At first I was considering getting one of those Emotiva ones, but because I would have to import it, I ask myself what happens if it develops a fault.

So I have decided to look for a Rotel or NAD (at least locally I can still have it covered by warranty)

So I been thinking of either looking for a RMB 1077, RMB 1085, RMB 1565 or the NAD T955. Here in Australia, sadly the prices for some stuff is overpriced in my opinion, so where possible, I try to look for run out models, ex demos.

ANy suggestions. Even other brands.

The power in these avr's today is really just a joke. I think its cheaper to buy a decent power amp and use the cheaper avr as a processor

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Spend a dollar or two and call Emo and see what their policy is for repair. I've read that they had one guy bring it into a local electronics repair shop and then shipped the needed parts. It doesn't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeronesia /forum/post/18239938

Spend a dollar or two and call Emo and see what their policy is for repair. I've read that they had one guy bring it into a local electronics repair shop and then shipped the needed parts. It doesn't hurt to ask.

The only problem is the cost of labor that is charged. It is one of the reasons why whenever I have electronic equipment suddenly have issues, and if the warranty is over, I don't even bother get it repaired as the cost of labor itself is just not worth it.

·
Registered
314 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin_Thor /forum/post/18243000

The only problem is the cost of labor that is charged. It is one of the reasons why whenever I have electronic equipment suddenly have issues, and if the warranty is over, I don't even bother get it repaired as the cost of labor itself is just not worth it.

Than you need to compare Emotiva's warranty with Rotel and NAD. You can buy a lot of shipping for the cost of the service labor.

Ray

1 - 6 of 6 Posts