AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I recently bought a panamax power conditioner and am impressed with what it has done so far. However when i hooked it up, there is an indicator that is suppose to come on saying that the wiring is properly grounded. This light didnt come on so I'm wondering how this will affect the performance of the unit. I know that it improved at least the audio aspect but am wondering if there is more gain to be had if the outlet that im using was properly grounded.

Second, I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on the Velodyne DLSR5000. This is there 15" 1000 watt sub. I can get it at cost but i have never heard it myself. Or perhaps any other subwoofers that are similar, I had my heart set on an Epik knight, but they are backordered with no definitive date.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
8,416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwood4u /forum/post/12928041

Hey all,

I recently bought a panamax power conditioner and am impressed with what it has done so far. However when i hooked it up, there is an indicator that is suppose to come on saying that the wiring is properly grounded. This light didnt come on so I'm wondering how this will affect the performance of the unit. I know that it improved at least the audio aspect but am wondering if there is more gain to be had if the outlet that im using was properly grounded.

Second, I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on the Velodyne DLSR5000. This is there 15" 1000 watt sub. I can get it at cost but i have never heard it myself. Or perhaps any other subwoofers that are similar, I had my heart set on an Epik knight, but they are backordered with no definitive date.

Thanks for any input.

I would get the Velo since you can get it at cost. It tested very well in Sound&Vision magazine.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwood4u /forum/post/12928041

Hey all,

...Thanks for any input.

Most conditioners/supressors use ground to discharge spikes and surges. If for no other reason, for safety's sake get your ground repaired. My $0.02

·
Registered
8,699 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F. Palacio /forum/post/12931908

Most conditioners/supressors use ground to discharge spikes and surges. If for no other reason, for safety's sake get your ground repaired. My $0.02

The only conditioner I use, goes in my hair.

Ian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts