AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm somewhat of an HT newbie. My HT is framed, and wiring has started. I have all rack components and projector on a dedicated 20a circuit. Prob: How do you power condition the entire circuit when the plugins for the active speakers and rack components are widely separated? Am I missing something easy here? Thanks in advance. Jack "I don't know" Squat. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Me too, me too...

I've been wondering about this for a while now. I've got two dedicated 20amp circuits (same phase) running to my equipment rack. From there, I have the two circuits running to three wall outlets for powered speakers/subs and one outlet on the ceiling for the projector. All outlets will have both circuits connected (little breakaway tabs removed) so I can choose which circuit to hook up to.

How do I connect the wall and ceiling outlets to the power conditioner? I know it would be against code to just slap a plug on the end of the wire and plug it in. Do I need two power conditioners? If so, doesn't this defeat the point of having everything on a common circuit?

Thanks,

Greg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.