AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have recently moved into an appartment and have bought some new AV gear. Ive had my 55 in led tv for about 3 weeks and recently bough a new samsung soundbar. I was using the soundbar for about 5 min when i heard a pop and the soundbar turn off and then back on. The sound is now crackly and distorted. Im not sure if this was just a bad soundbar or if this was caused by having it plugged into a dynex(cheap)surge protector. Should i get myself some sort of UPS or better surge protector. My TV and Xbox are plugged directly into the wall and haven't had any problems yet(knock on wood). I just dont know what to do, is a surge protector enough or should i get a UPS. Im not looking to spend a lot but want to get whats right. Please, any info on this would be great, im driving myself crazy with this.

·
Registered
10,866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blestj02  /t/1418998/power-connection-help#post_22195509

Thanks. Would you recommend moving my tv and xbox from the wall plug to a surge protector?

Well, it's not going to stop surges, etc. to the expensive stuff not plugged into it! There are plenty of small wall-plug-sized surge protectors, too, if the strip isn't closeby...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts