AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to pull the trigger and order an AE100 and was wondering what you guys are doing with the plug on the power cord? As I understand it, since the AE100 is coming from jp, there will be a different plug on the end of the cable, right? Or is it a detachable cable and all I have to do is get a replacement cable? If the plug needs to be replaced, I'd appreciate any info on how to go about doing this. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jinhopark, thanks for the info. I guess I'll be joining the club soon--just in time for the World Cup too!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
FYI, the units we're receiving in Canada have a 3-prong grounded power cord. It's not a standard IEC connector though.

I'm not trying to be alarmist or start rumors, but if those Japanese units are not UL-listed, you really do risk invalidating your home owners insurance if the projector has anything to do with a fire.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I agree with jinhopark, EMS, mine stayed at the local airport for 2-days before they sent it to my local post office.

********** sent the projector out in a matter of hours after recieveing my money. It took a total of 5-days to recieve it. USPostOffice actually was the delay.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I ordered mine shipped dhl on monday evening (at about 10:40pm) and the unit was on my door by wednesday at 1:23 pm. It's got the two pronger.

Drat, now I have to wait for the customs bill.

·
Registered
283 Posts
To one of you owners of an AE100: what does the projector power cord socket look like? Is it the standard PC style connector or is it something different? I am ordering some cables and it dawned on me that I might as well get the power cord at the same time.

Thanks for the help.

David

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
It isn't the standard plug, but I have seen it before on other projectors such as Compaq. It is three circles next to each other with the ground offset. Kind of looks like a water molecule with ground being the oxygen in this model :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
The type of plug connector for the AE100 is a "Tri IEC320 C-5". This is the info I got from the PCCables.com website. They have a 6ft. power cord with that same connector for Compaq Laptops. I wonder if there is somewhere to buy seperate connector to make a custom power cable? Anyone got any ideas?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.