Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All:

I need a power cord to go with a new integrated I am picking up. I am leaning toward the Mapleshade cord because it seems like it would integrate well within my system, but I just saw the Zu Cable "Mother", and I really am impressed by the reviews on that one. Plus, I know those guys came from Kimber, and I have nothing but respect for Kimber. I just can't afford a Palladian, and can't talk Ray into sending me one.

So, for less than $300 new or used, and nothing big and huge. . what do you buy? Anyone compared any others?

B

·
Registered
167 Posts
I too looked at the Mother seriously, but finally ordered the Audience Powerchord.

As you know, Dan W felt strongly about Audience, as have a host of satisfied users and reviewers. A longer list of kudos and a strong track record put me in the Audience camp. But the real reason was to get a large copper cord into my system. I am coming from an Asylum Straight Jacket with both an ACME Silver plug and IEC. My system needs copper, and more bass authority. I just didn't want a silver alloy Mother and the possible discovery that it doesn't have the low end in control.

But the ZU contingent is rapidly growing and I'm sure you could not go wrong with the Mother. The ZU Forum at HD , which you know, is near fanatical about the Mother, WAX, Julien... etc. And the background of the ZU developers seems like they are more than capable of pushing things so that the consumer can actually afford some "high-end" wire, so to speak.

Anyway, a 60 day return on Mother is a green light if you are leaning that way.

Good Luck,

BOK

·
Registered
276 Posts
In my experience PCs tend to be a bit system-dependent in terms of their effect/sound (or lack thereof). Thus a good return policy is something I watch for myself.

Personally I'm happy with my Granite Audio 555 & 560 cords. I've seen used/demo/auction cords go for roughly $300 or a little less. You may not find too many reviews or discussions on the web regarding these cords (at least other than here at AVS), but you could contact Don at Granite Audio for a cord to tryout ( link ) if you're interested. He offers a 30 day In Home Demonstration Program.

I've not compared my cords vs. the Zu or Mapleshade. . .

·
Registered
21,730 Posts
And my entire home theater system is wired with Granite Audio power cords!!! HE HE HE!!! I did a lengthy review on them previously at this forum.

If you're interested in trying one Briley, e-mail me first as I may be able to help you save some bucks. I'm sure there's a number of good power cords out there - it can drive you crazy trying and buying too many of them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.