AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my media room that was prewired they have 2 circuits.

Circuit A:

- 4 lights in ceiling

- the outlet in the ceiling for projector

- the attic fan? This one puzzles me, I'm glad I realized this when I was testing the outlets

Circuit B:

- All other electrical outlets in the room

Is this enough? Do I need more circuits in addition to circuit B? Each circuit can supply 15 amps correct? Which is about 1500-1800 watts from what I've read everywhere.

The equipment I plan on having on circuit B:

- yamaha a3000 powering a 7.1 System

- Epik Empire subwoofer

- HTPC

- Possibly powered recliners

- possibly some small lights

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I would put the projector on the same circuit as the other audio/video equipment. Things like pop-corn poppers, coffee pots, refrigerators and light dimmers should NOT be on the audio/video circuit.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedskater /forum/post/20849649

I would put the projector on the same circuit as the other audio/video equipment. Things like pop-corn poppers, coffee pots, refrigerators and light dimmers should NOT be on the audio/video circuit.

So one circuit should be able to handles it all? As far as the AV stuff is concerned?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshy /forum/post/20849653

So one circuit should be able to handles it all? As far as the AV stuff is concerned?

The theater lighting is generally off when the projector is on. It probably draws under 600W. The projector draws 200ish watts.

Amplifier is probably drawing 4-5 amps at most. disc player is insignificant. Depending on your sub, it could be drawing anywhere from 5-10 amps.

Don't really see a problem unless you are trying to fill a very big room with a lot of watts. In the typical 15x20 theater, your ears will bleed long before you max out power.

Remember, you are not running everything at peak power usage. The purpose of a 200W amp is not to pump 200W of sound energy, but to have the headroom to handle peaks without distortion. You probably run under 10W per channel in normal usage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.