AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Power DVD 3.0 and cannot get the picture to do a vertical squeeze on my TV. This should automatically happen if I am sending a 540p or 1080i signal to the TV. I have a Toshiba TZ55X71 and the TV is set to DTV instead of DVD so that it can accept the higher resolutions.

I have it hooked up with an AudioAuthority transcoder and was using Windows 98 and PowerDVD 3.0. I just upgraded to Windows XP but have not tried it with this yet. I will post this on the HT computer forum and HDTV forum just to make sure that all 1080i signals are squeezed on Toshibas' since they are natively 16:9 resolutions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the same set. On that set, the "squeeze" can happen, but it is not automatic. You have to program it first. First you have to feed it an HD signal (540 will do) Then, you go into the service menu and change the parameters so as to have a 16x9 picture on your screen. Then you save the parameters. From that point on. anytime you feed the set a HD signal, the squeeze will occur. Anytime it is fed a regular signal. the set will behave as any 4:3 set. In essence, you are programming the HD circuitry, which is has separate memory form the regular circuitry. It takes a couple of hours to program it, but once is is, it'll be good to go.

For further info, see -

http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/usefu...eeze_tosh.html

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not the service mode again....ha ha. I have used this for a tighter convergence. Thanks for the tip! Why did Toshiba not automatically set up the parameters in the first place?

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see that the HIT/TRAP/WID are not affected in 4:3 mode as long as you adjust them while they are receiving a 1080i signal. But what about the convergence? When you switch between HD signals and standard TV or DVD signals do you have to re-converge, or is it also independent based on your signal mode? If you do have to re-converge each time, how long does it take?

What did you use to feed an HD signal the first time? Your computer or a decoder box?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.