AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally the update for Upscaling True theatre hp should appear as free update 8.5 for power DVD 8. Now the speech of it is it a component of Power DVD 9 will be. Also over the SimHD Upate that end of 2008 to actually appear should not is well-known anything new. TMT 3 is applied with SIMHD. Would be not very fair very unfortunate and if with both programs the new versions be bought must. Is there probably for this something new about this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
excuse my bad english, because i am german. my question is any news about the SIMHD Update here? Power DVD and true theater hd (upscaling) the same. First state of the companies update for TMT in quartal 04/2008. Now it looks that SIMHD is in Total Media Theatre 3. Although Power DVD and upscalling. First i read Update to Power DVD 8, now i read that Power DVD 9 becomes that.

Any interesting news about this?

·
Registered
993 Posts
TMT 3 has not been officially announced, but it seems imminent (there was a leak on their web page for a short time). I can understand that the companies have to charge for upgrades from time to time (somehow they have to fund continued development after all), but of course the upgrade cycles should not be too short.

Also, I really hope they don't drop HD-DVD support like Cyberlink did, otherwise I won't even consider upgrading ...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Anyone has compare the PQ between the two? Truetheater HD of PDVD is pretty good with Sharpness, Motion and Lighting enhancement but SimHD of TMT3 has only Sharpness and cost extra. Also its hardware requirement is pretty high. If it offer no dramatic improvement over Truetheater HD then I am not going to pay extra for it.

·
Registered
58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterho3 /forum/post/16205674

Anyone has compare the PQ between the two? Truetheater HD of PDVD is pretty good with Sharpness, Motion and Lighting enhancement but SimHD of TMT3 has only Sharpness and cost extra. Also its hardware requirement is pretty high. If it offer no dramatic improvement over Truetheater HD then I am not going to pay extra for it.

I have tried them both and would definitely give the edge in image quality to SIMHD, however I am on Nvidia gfx cards and unfortunately the image drop from PDVD8 to TMT is very very apparent so the trade off is blu-ray IQ vs SD-DVD PQ, no contest.

Hope that helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts