AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a radeon 8500 with cat 2.5 drivers, p4 2.4, 256mb ddr, sb audigy, 16x dvd and more...

Problem I am having is when HW accel is turned on in PowerDVD XP I cant see what I am selecting...

In menus when you hold the cursor over the menu item the menu item is usually highlighted to indicate that is where you are at but it doesnt show up.....? Anyone run in to this? BTW This is the forst time I have used HW Accel because cat 2.4 and my setup play back was bad, jumped around a whole lot

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh BTW the menu highlight thing also happens with 2.4 (just tried it) but only happens when I have hardware acceleration on

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I found out that if you uninstall the drivers back to MS's drivers and then reinstall the drivers (I did this with cat 2.4) HW accell worked without a hitch and stuttering

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how do you get them back to MS drivers? It never lets me??? I have to uninstall, remove all files: ati*.*, remove all registry entries, clean restore points, empty recycle bin and it still goes back to a previous driver I had on lol

I follow some guide on the rage3d.com forums they have for removeing the drivers but never can get it to go to VGA Save or etc.....

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Quote:
I found out that if you uninstall the drivers back to MS's drivers and then reinstall the drivers (I did this with cat 2.4) HW accell worked without a hitch and stuttering
Are you talking about the IDE drivers for the MB?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.