AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the TV since Nov 2006. No major issues until last year. The LAMP blew on my TV and I got a new one under my Circuit City warranty. I put that in and it was fine.

Well last night my wife and I were watching TV and all of a sudden a loud POP happened, it sounded different than the LAMP sound when it blew. I turned the TV off and tried to turn it back on. Only thing I am getting is 5 red LED lights blinking on the POWER button.. not the LAMP light or anything else.

I took a look at the LAMP and it was shattered! I could not believe it, only after 1 year 2 months.. it was an Osram one even though I asked for Phillips when I got it under warranty.

My question is.. I know I need to buy a NEW Phillips LAMP but what else? the 5 blinking lights on the POWER LED (from my research) says a "Lamp Driver Error" do I need to buy one of those also?

Does anyone have the Part Number for the Lamp Driver and will this one work?

Also does anyone have a write-up on how to replace the Lamp Driver if that is the issue?

Please let me know! I don't want to have to buy a new TV since most of my money is tied up right now.

Thanks!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7VII7
I have had the TV since Nov 2006. No major issues until last year. The LAMP blew on my TV and I got a new one under my Circuit City warranty. I put that in and it was fine.

Well last night my wife and I were watching TV and all of a sudden a loud POP happened, it sounded different than the LAMP sound when it blew. I turned the TV off and tried to turn it back on. Only thing I am getting is 5 red LED lights blinking on the POWER button.. not the LAMP light or anything else.

I took a look at the LAMP and it was shattered! I could not believe it, only after 1 year 2 months.. it was an Osram one even though I asked for Phillips when I got it under warranty.

My question is.. I know I need to buy a NEW Phillips LAMP but what else? the 5 blinking lights on the POWER LED (from my research) says a "Lamp Driver Error" do I need to buy one of those also?

Does anyone have the Part Number for the Lamp Driver and will this one work?

Also does anyone have a write-up on how to replace the Lamp Driver if that is the issue?

Please let me know! I don't want to have to buy a new TV since most of my money is tied up right now.

Thanks!
Odds are 99% that a new lamp is all you need, and 1% that you need a lamp and something else, so try putting in a new lamp.

Replacing the lamp ballast is about the second easiest thing to do beyond a lamp, but I don't think you'll have to go there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are there any instructions for the lamp ballast replacement on these units?

The lamp will get here before Friday of this week.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the lamp on Monday. Installed it and everything worked perfectly!

Anything else I need to do such as resetting anything or calculating lamp time?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts