AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was't sure where to post this. I am looking for recommendations for powerline products to network my receiver (Pioner Elite SC-27) to my wireless home network.

I really don't know much about this technology at the moment, but I did pickup the Monster Powernet Premium Pack from BB yesterday (has 3 ethernet ports), at a significant price off MSRP.

I know Monster is generally way overpriced, but at a significantr discount, is this a decent product? It says it is rated up to 200 Mbps, while I see others (like Belkin) claiming up to 1,000 Mbps.

Any recommendations? Looking for a unit that will provide the most flexibility and performance, from a maximum "bang for the buck" perspective. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Not powerline but I recently received a MoCA adapter to evaluate. They try to do the exact same thing as Powerline but use the cable line running through your house. Works best for theater/gaming as that is usually a spot the cable line terminates.

Might be cheaper than a powerline solution.

I will be setting it up this weekend to connect my PS3 and 40.1 to my network and will be writing a review on Amazon, but can also share my views on it here as well if you like.

http://www.amazon.com/Netgear-MCAB10...7205242&sr=8-1

·
Registered
951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpr13 /forum/post/18210723

Great. Thanks.

Considering you have the Monster already (man, I really need to read posts more fully) can you set it up to evaluate it and still return it if possible?

If the Monster unit is cheaper than the MoCA or other powerline units and it works - I would probably just keep it.

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I'll probably do...once I get my Pioneer Elite SC-27 which is on order (I should have it in approx. one week).

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Why not just use a wireless bridge to connect directly to your existing wireless network and provide an ethernet port for the receiver?

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboRay /forum/post/18213673

Why not just use a wireless bridge to connect directly to your existing wireless network and provide an ethernet port for the receiver?

That's what my initial thoughts were but I keep hearing nothing but problems with folks using WiFi on their receivers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts