AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a plasma TV which I'm mounting on the wall. To solve the problem of visible power cords I'm considering the Monster® In-Wall PowerCenter (MP HTFS-IW HC). I also have other A/V components so I intend to mount a second In-Wall PowerCenter connected to the first using Romex Cable.

My question is since the two outlets on the PowerCenter are not enough for my components (receiver, X-Box, DVD player, VCRs, amplifiers, etc.) can I plug my components into a strip outlet (Monster PowerCenter MP HTS 800 HP or similar) plugged into the second In-Wall PowerCenter and still benefit from the protection of the In-Wall PowerCenter? Or could I use any strip outlet?

Do I need the second In-Wall setup or can I just use a PowerCenter like the MP HTS 800 HP in a regular outlet? If so, does that outlet need to be connected to the In-Wall PowerCenter behind the plasma?

Am I nuts for doing any of this and should I just raise the wall outlet and mount a surge strip on the wall?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Whatever protection is in the power center will be afforded to things plugged into a strip as well, as long as you don't exceed the rated load.

Have you considered a separate A/V rack somewhere not by the TV? That makes the look a lot cleaner, if you can find a good space.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.