AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have my pj set up, but am having a roling line problem. someone suggested it was a power problem, so i used a ground plug( one with out the 3rd plug) it did away with 80-90% of the rolling lines!! next step line conditioner?? does anyone have a suggestions of which one to use or buy?? and do i need one for the outlet that my iscan pro is hooked up to??

thanks

Frank

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
You took off the ground from the projector? Well at least you know you have a ground loop but If I where you I would put GND back on. I would try and isolate the component inducing the GND loop.

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
I was originally at Franks house to help with the set up.

I beleive the problem is that the outlet that is feeding the PJ is a branch circut from other outlets in that room and is getting "noise" from an outside source.

We turned off some low voltage lighting and found that the problem went away but it is still not perfect. Low voltage or any lighting on dimmers causes buzzing in power amps and causes video noise when video products are on the same circut. The circut used to be the power for a ceiling fan and so that tells you that it is only a 15 amp circut and it is definetly not a dedicated line. Most likly the outlet that feeds the ISCAN and your AV gear is on that same circut.

some quick fixes might be like I suggested a ground isolater plug, I had used this on a DWIN HD700 that had power/noise problems and it fixed it right up.

Could it be possible that the ISCAN is getting interfereance? maby try isolating the ground on the doulbler or even another outlet. Grab an extention cord and plug it in to an outlet in another room. This will more then likely at least get you plugged into a differant circut to see if that is the cause.

Being that you have the PJ on the ceiling normal line conditioners would only be able to work if it is possible to set it up on top there where the projector is in order to put the conditioner "in line". There might be a way to make a mount or simply screw it right to the ceiling above the BARCO so it wont be so noticable.

I recomend FURMAN line conditioners. They are a pro company that builds very very good power equipment. PANAMAX also is a manufacturer that is well known to the Home Theter industry, but I perfer FURMAN.

In any event a conditioner should be able to "clean" the AC noise and give the projector smooth stable power. I have my entire rack of equipment fed from a "simple conditioner" from DBX

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.