AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of adding a UPS to my home theater setup for proper shutdown of the projector in case of blackout (it happens pretty frequently in my part of the world).

I really hate it when I have friends and family over to enjoy a movie, and bam... there is a blackout for 15 minutes.

I cant start the movie again once the power is back because the lamp would not be cool enough, and everyone has to wait an additional hour, causinga lot of embarrassment as I am sure you can imagine.

From previous posts I know that the cheap ones which output a square wave (stepped approximation to a sine wave - as the marketing brochures of some of the cheap APC models say) are out.

Now what is the minimum VA rating of the pure sine wave UPS to be used in this scenario? It will be used to power up (or should I say power down) only the projector.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump.

No replies?

Noone uses UPSs with their projectors?

A friend of mine just waits 4-5 minutes before restarting his X1 after a power failure. And his unit does come on successfully.

Is he straining the lamp too much in doing that?

Or can I also try this approach?

·
Registered
30,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by msrivastava
Now what is the minimum VA rating of the pure sine wave UPS to be used in this scenario? It will be used to power up (or should I say power down) only the projector.
What's the VA rating of your projector?

Kal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.