AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently building my HTPC and have all the components selected except 2 items; Power Supply and CPU Cooler. Can anyone provide recommendations? Main objective is to be as quiet as possible. I will be using an Intel 2GHz P4 with an Intel Micro-ATX motherboard housed in a Coolermaster ATC-610. Have DVD drive and single HD. Will probably add 2nd HD at later point. Which power supply gives me the most power while reamining quiet? I been looking at Zalman for power supply and cooler. Any good? Don't know the difference btw all their versions; particularlly on the CPU cooler. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
For the 610 (if it is the same as the 600) you might want to look at the Antec True series. They have the ability to speed control 2 system fans. On the 600 at least, there are 2 side mounted fans. They are small so they make quite a bit of noise.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am using the Zalman 300 ZM-ST300BLP power supply and Alpha PAL8942T with Enermax UltraCool fan. Very quiet and seem to work fine with [email protected], 9700 Pro, and MYHD cards.

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
slk-478 when it comes out with a low speed panaflo fan should be a sweet, quiet cpu cooler

·
Registered
181 Posts
A PC Power & Cooling 275w silencer supply and a Zalman 5600 CPU cooler with a 12dB Pabst fan is totally quiet for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.