AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i just moved into Base housing where ive got 2 outlets that im using for the HT. Currently ive got two 6 outlet powerstrips hooked up to one outlet and one three outlet powerstrip hooked to the other. They are all Full. I know this is a fire hazard and living in a 60 year old house, there is no doubt that the wiring has NOT been updated. I keep experiencing issues with outlets not working and i have to swap the plug to one that works. This cant keep happening. I was watching Night at the museum saturday and was wondering why the sound sucked. The outlet the Sub was plugged to died. Also i was playing guitar hero on the 360 last friday and and the image started to get all wavy, distorted and flickery. I think its a power problem right? Im looking for some kind of HT Power supply i could fit nicley in my Rack that i could plug everything into (Or atleast the important stuff) Sorry for the long windedness :p Thanks guys!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not much you can do there but upgrade the wiring and plugs. There really isn't a box that can fix a upstream wiring or plug issue other than a really big UPS to power stuff when the voltage sags too low to be usable.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I use APC's LE1200 as a low cost voltage regulator.

I two LE1200 voltage regulators, one for my PW2200 sub and the other for the receiver. I also use a APC Smart 1250 UPS for all other components like HDTV, HD DVD player, etc.

I have ZERO hum or other noise issues with this setup. These APC devices are not on a rack but on the floor.

...Angelo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts