AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search on both headings but I didn't find the information I was looking for...

I'm in the market for a power supply for my home theater. I previously had a Monster HT 5000, and I may get another one, but is there another unit/ brand out there that is similar. I need at least 10 outlets. If anyone could drop a name or two I'll research it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks you guys! I'll check out panamax and adcom.. I had forgotten that there was a monster 3500 that may suit my needs just as well as the 5000.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Glimmer Man
I need at least 10 outlets
Just plug a power strip into the conditioner. That will give you all the plugs you need provided you don't draw too much power.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Anyone want to offer their opinion on a conditioner for me/us?

It's the ART PS4X4 for $98.

http://www.allprosound.com/catalog/p...asp?fprodid=89

"Built into the PS 4x4 is a surge and spike protection system, designed to protect powered equipment from harmful electric surges and spikes. The unit also has RFI and EMI filtering, a 15 amp breaker, and a total power capacity of 1800 watts."

Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the link Toxarch, I like the looks and functionability of that unit.

I've now modified my setup to need between 8 & 10 outlets so it may fit the bill too. The price is certainly right!

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
So I was looking around that website a little more to see if they have one without the lights since I don't REALLY need the lights.

I found the ART SP4X4 which has the same features as the previous one without the ammeter and costs $78. It still has the voltmeter and lights.

http://www.allprosound.com/catalog/p...asp?fprodid=80

And I saw this one (ART PB4X4) that appears to have the same protection as the first two without the meters nor the light. It's a plain jane model for only $38!!!!

http://www.allprosound.com/catalog/p...asp?fprodid=86

For $38, I could order two for the amps, one for the other equipment, and one for the projector. That would be 4 conditioners for under $160. Anyone want to point out why we shouldn't be considering this model? I don't need the voltmeters and lights.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Check out Richard Grey Power conditioners at MCIsytems.com

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
No comments on the ART conditioners? They also have ones with digital volt meters and ammeters on the front for a little more $$.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Boy, hate to bump such an old thread but would love to hear if anyone is plugging a high-powered power amplifier into one of these ART conditioners?

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
I'm going to order two of the $38 ones for my two Parasound HCA-2205AT amps (5 channel x 220 watts @ 8 ohms each) and give them a try. There is a local music shop that carries them, but they cost $59 retail. If they work good on the two big amps, then I will order two more for the rest of the equipment.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Well, I got the 2 ART power conditioners in today and connected each to the two amps I have. They handle the amps fine, but did not get rid of the noise I was getting through the amps. I'm beginning to think there might be a problem with the one of the amps. Either that or I need to do some wire management in the back of the rack. Each of the amps have dedicated 20 amp circuits. The main thing I was trying to get rid of was noise that comes through the speakers from the Grafik Eye dimmer. The GE has its own circuit and has already been replaced.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.