AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently graduated from a 35" CRT TV to a 61" LCD Rear Projection TV.

I have always used an APC ES350 for uninterruptible power supply for my Tivos and surge protection for my TV as well as the Tivo modem phone line.

My home theater consultant suggests a Monster surge suppressor with line filtering. He suggested the HT800 or a model above that which would include phone line protection for the Tivo modems.

Checking them out online they are not only more expensive they don't seem to provide any battery backup which is really what I want.

Do I really need one of these? Can it be used in conjunction with my UPS?

I found a good price on a TV but every time I turn around I run into another expense that costs more than I had anticipated.

I hope I posted this in the correct forum. There are so many different categories here it is often hard for me to figure out just where my post belongs.

·
Registered
393 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the links. Lots of info here. Sorry I didn't search the entire forum better.

Sounds like many people advocate spending as much as half of what my Television costs.

I was in Costco today and they have a Tripp Llite HG 1500 for $79.99. Checking the web this appears to be a really good price.

Here's a link to it at Dell

Anyone have any opinions on this unit?

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLeonard
Anyone have any opinions on this unit?
You will likely get more than you asked for.

Make sure you heed the wattage rating (450 watts) for the capacity you need. The '750' is the power rating in VA, you will not likely find a VA rating on the equipment being protected. I would allow an additional 50-100 watts more than you actually need.

Looks like a nice unit, with a fair price at $80. Reputable mfr. too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.