AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

My folks (who are in their eighties) bought an LN4665F in January 2008 and have been very pleased with it. But recently, when they use the remote to turn it on, instead of simply coming on, it will emits a series of soft clicks and then come on. I have not heard it myself but from their description, it sounds like it may be a relay. Problem is, the number of clicks has been continuously increasing - at first it was only a couple clicks but this morning it clicked over 20 times before finally coming on. I fear it may be a power supply problem and that eventual complete failure is coming. So...

1) Anyone have a clue as to what causes this and if it's correctable?

2) Since it's out of warranty, is it possible in this day and age to get a service technician to make a house call? The logistics of getting this TV to a repair depot could be overwhelming for them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem (I believe I have same model). It started out small, now it has gotten over 5 minutes before TV fully powers up. And of course 6 months after my warranty has expired. Did you get any resolution?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Bad capacitors on the power supply board. Need to replace capacitors or the board.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
paying for a service tech to come fix it will most likely cost the same amount as buying a new set. unless you know someone that will do it for free, you're pretty much out of luck.

·
Registered
246 Posts
My 4671 is doing the same, turns out it is the internal power supply, info I found on the web indicates, that Samsung used a cheap faulty power supply module that is failing and many people are having the same problem. So if you are getting a clicking noise and long delay before the tv displays a picture expect for it to completely fail very shortly. ___________

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.